Prestashop upgrade to a newer version is usually a complicated process due to the fact that the shop’s contractor could apply many non-standard modifications / changes to the template or modules that could have been made in the wrong way for the Prestashop standard. In the case of the migration of the Prestashop from version 1.6 to 1.7, we should take into account that the latest version has many changes affecting the profound changes in the store template and modules. Usually during the renovation, the store template needs to be reconstructed quite thoroughly or the purchase of a new template adapted to version 1.7 should be considered.
When performing an update, it is important to do the following:
- Making a backup copy
- Cleans the database from part of the statistics (eg connections, browser, guests, etc.)
- Update store to the latest version of PrestaShop
- Applying changes to the template or starting the default
- Configurations and updates of basic modules and making necessary changes for version 1.7 in modules that are not adapted to it
- Introduction of dedicated shop modifications / changes (if they were previously used)
- Checking the correctness of store operation after the update
Prestashop upgrade (price)
The price of the Prestashop update depends on many factors affecting the time of performing the updates described above. Estimated prices of the Prestashop update can range from PLN 1200 net to PLN 3200 net, depending on the size of the store and the number of modifications necessary to carry out.
If you are interested in updating your online store – I invite you to contact me. In order to perform the valuation, it will be necessary to provide data to your administrative panel and ftp server (to perform the valuation analysis).